Weekly Centre Activities / Friday Competition Night
- The ethos of Little Athletics is Family, Fun & Fitness. It is LAQ’s aim that all Centre weekly activities / meet provide an avenue for this.
- A typical Friday night program will take between 1 to 2 hours, depending the size of the age group AND the number of parents that help
- U6 - U17 athletes will participate in a maximum of five different activities on a rotational basis
- The Tiny Tot program for 3-4 year olds uses activites and games for skill development. Play training or game based activities which focus on skill development and fun are also offered at Centres as part of the weekly competition
- Games and activities are recognised as the best way of introducing young children, particularly the U6 age group, to the sport.
- Friday night in general is competition night
- Track; Jumps; and Throw coaching/skill development is offered at week night training when there is more time available to help support individual athletes